What to expect and what to do on your return to the park
Please contact the park by Email if possible, or telephone if not, to let us know when we can welcome you back to our park.
We have set out the reception area on your Park for your safety, implementing social distancing and incorporating other safety guidance. The pedestrian flow to be used through the reception area is clearly marked, view a copy of the plan reception area bellow.
If you are unclear or have any questions please ask.
You’ll be aware of the government guidance, which will of course change with time, but at present, for your information it is;
- Most importantly while you’re on the Park if you do, unfortunately, begin to feel unwell with Covid 19 symptoms, you must call 111 immediately and follow their advice. Please also telephone the office to inform them.
- Social distancing from other Holiday Homeowners and Park Team members is to be maintained at all times.
- Your Holiday Home should only be used by members of your group.
- There should be no social gatherings with friends.
- No visitors will be allowed to access the Park.
- Even if allowed under your Licence Agreement, you may not sub-let your Holiday Home until legislation allows.
- You may find it helpful to bring with you essential items such as soap, hand gel, gloves, masks and other safety equipment.
- One-way systems and other provisions to aid social distancing may apply on the Park, please ensure you comply with these where requested; they will be there for your safety and that of our Team members on the Park.